Monday, 14 September 2015

Floral Fails

Today's design is a little bit of a fail. It's not disastrous but it didn't turn out how I wanted it to at all. I should have taken more time on it, it's my own fault for rushing! The design is inspired by my niece's cute little outfit. Baby clothes are a surprisingly great source of inspiration! Charlotte has little leggings and a matching hat with a similar pattern on.

I used four Barry M polishes - Cotton*, Cardamom*, Vintage Violet* and Fondant* for this. I painted on the stems and leaves using Cardamom* and a small brush. The polish was getting a bit gloopy so the lines aren't as thin and neat as I would like - again, too much rushing! I then used a dotting tool to add flowers in Vintage Violet* and interspersed them with tiny dots in Fondant*. 
I really like this design, I just didn't execute it very well. I think I'd like to have another go at it sometime. Emma has used tiny dots as a filler in floral designs before and I love the style. Maybe I'll pick a couple of different colours and give it another shot again soon.

The pale dots didn't come out very well on the images which doesn't help!

Love,
Jo x
SHARE:

1 comment

© Dahlia Nails | All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig