I often look to other nail artists for mani ideas as there are so many talented people coming up with original designs that it is hard not to be inspired by them. One who I admire most who I have never thought to look at is my very own partner in crime: Jo! As the blog is joint-owned I always think of 'our' designs rather than as individual looks so it hadn't really crossed my mind until recently when I was flicking through some of our older posts. I came across Jo's Winter Aztec - which I thought was such a cute idea - and decided that I was going to try it myself.
I used Topshop's Birthday Suit for the base shade in this mani. It's a beautiful pale blue that is wearable on its own or as part of a winter look. I can envisage using this a lot in the coming months.
To create this simple look you need a base colour (I chose Topshop's Birthday Suit, Jo's original has Models Own's Utopia) and a white nail art pen.
1. Paint two coats of your base colour.
2. Once the colour is dry draw an even number of stripes with your white nail art pen.
3. In between the lines draw some triangles.
4. In between the other lines draw some dots (just dot the pen).
5. Top it all off with a quick drying top coat (I used Seche Vite)
I wish I didn't have a horrible chip on my index nail but otherwise I am super happy with this look. I might have to steal some of Jo's designs more often!